Ragan Glover-Rijkse’s research interests include how access to network infrastructures impacts mobilities, the relationship between network infrastructures and social justice, and the urban-rural digital divide. Glover-Rijkse is affiliated with the Mobile Gaming Research Lab at NCSU. She currently teaches COM 477: Mobile Communication and COM 257: Media History and Theory. In the past, she has taught COM 267: Electronic Media Writing.
- de Souza e Silva, A. and Glover-Rijkse, R. (Eds). (2020). Hybrid Play: Crossing Boundaries in Game Design, Player Identities, and Play Spaces. New York: Routledge Press.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2019). Mobilized networked infrastructures: Implications for action, space, and knowledge. Mobile Media & Communication, 7(3), pp. 380-394.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2020). You start it: A dialogue with Nick Tandavanitj from Blast Theory In: de Souza e Silva, A. and Glover-Rijkse, R. (Eds). Hybrid Play: Crossing Boundaries in Game Design, Player Identities, and Play Spaces. New York: Routledge Press.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2018). Review of A. D. Propen & M. L. Schuster’s (2017) Rhetoric and Communication Perspective on Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence. Technical Communication Quarterly, 27(4), pp. 1-2.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2018). Review of K. Cumiskey & L. Hjorth’s (2017) Haunting Hands_: Mobile Media Practices and Loss. Mobile Media and Communication, 6(3), pp. 428-429.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2019). “Beyond the boundaries of privacy and consent: BLE beacons and location tracking.” International Communication Association. Washington, DC.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2019). “Content Delivery Networks: Understanding Infrastructures as Experience.” Graduate Research Symposium at NC State University. Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2019). “An Accessible Pedagogy: Disability and the Performance of Multimodality.” Authenticating Pedagogies and Performing 21st C. Literacies: disrupting digital praxis, social media data analytics, and multimodal composition. Conference on College Composition and Communication. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. [chair]., Ranade, N., and Hannah, M. (2019). “Accountability through Accessibility in the Technical Communication Classroom Workshop.” Association of Teachers of Technical Writing. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2018). “Mobile Internet Access in a Rural Region: An Examination of the Mobility Implications for Disabled Populations.” Mobile Technology and Access: For Material Approaches that Re-Contextualize the Digital Divide. Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR). Montreal, Canada.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2018). Rural spaces, interfaces, and disability. Place/Interface: Situating Space as Ways of Knowing, Accessing, and Remembering. Computers and Writing Conference. George Mason University.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2018). “Mobile Gaming Expo.” CRDM Symposium. Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2014). “Competitive Eating as Rhythmic Emergence: Implications for Multimodal Composition.” Performance and American Cultural Studies. New Orleans, Louisiana, 2014.
- Glover-Rijkse, R. (2014). “Assessing Portfolios as Hypertext.” North Carolina Symposium on Teaching Writing. Raleigh, North Carolina.
- M.A. in English: Composition and Rhetoric from University of South Carolina , 2015
- B.A. in English from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013