- “Composition 2.0: Critical Approaches to Teaching Writing in the 21st Century.” CRDM Symposium 2016: Critical Invention: Critical Making, Invention, and Practice, NC State University, March 2016.
- “Approaches to Inquiry—Participatory Composition: Inquiry, Invention, and Electracy.” UNCC University Writing Program Fall Conference: Print <-->Digital: Connecting Convention, Tradition, and Innovation, UNC Charlotte, October 2015.
- “Using Digital Composition to Give Student Writing a Purpose: How taking a digital approach in the writing classroom creates engagement, empowerment, and authority for student writers.” NCETA Fall Conference: Pedagogies of Now, NC State University, October 2014.
- “What is Good Writing?” UNCC NWP Spring Conference: Conventional Wisdom— Becoming Mechanically Inclined, UNC Charlotte, April 2014.
- “Social Constructs of ‘Good’ Writing: the ‘Hows’ and ‘Whys’ of Genre Theory.” NCETA Fall Conference: Connect and Reflect—Creating the Commons, UNC Wilmington, October 2013.
- “Wixcraft and Wixary: Dispelling the apprehension and skepticism surrounding website builders and meme generators as effective modes of reflection.” UNCC NWP Fall Conference: Participatory Media—Digital Literacy in the Community, Imaginon Library, September 2013.
- “Bob Dylan: Raconteur or Rhetorician? A Digital Essay.” CDRM Research Symposium: Emerging Genres, Forms, Narratives—in New Media Environments, NCSU, April 2013.
- M.A. in English: Composition & Rhetoric from UNC Charlotte, 2014
- M.A.T. in Secondary Education: English from UNC Chapel Hill, 2005
- B. A. in Romance Languages: Spanish from UNC Chapel Hill, 2002